Installation and Licensing
Install the local SnowConvert application.
Getting up and running with Mobilize.Net SnowConvert is quick and easy, but there are multiple ways you can access SnowConvert. Specifically, there are three ways that you can access SnowConvert:
- Web Based Version (BlackDiamond Studio): SnowConvert can be called on a source codebase in BlackDiamond Studio (BDS). This page will not cover "installing" BDS because you do not need to install anything. Create an account and start using SnowConvert immediately as a web service. Visit the BDS documentation page to learn more about how to use SnowConvert in BlackDiamond Studio.
- Local Application: A local application that you can install on any machine or in a container. The installation this page will cover is related to this version of the tool. Read on if you're ready to use the local application.
- Command Line Interface (CLI): A CLI version of SnowConvert is available for some source platforms. Review the documentation for each available source platform in SnowConvert (on this website) to view which versions of the tool have a CLI.
We recommend using the web version of SnowConvert embedded in BlackDiamond Studio, but if you're wanting to use the local application then you've come to the right page! The rest of this page will walk you through installing the SnowConvert application.
Before you start, make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements list given here:
- Windows 10
- .NET Framework 4.6.2 (runtime)
- Java JDK 8 or higher
- 4 GB of RAM
- Catalina 10.15.6
- Java JDK 8 or higher
- 4 GB of RAM
Each source platform has it's own download page. From the download page, you can download the installer and a license will be generated for you. All downloads will come with access to the Assessment Mode version of SnowConvert by default. If you have a partner code, your download may also come with a full conversion license. (Learn more about licensing below.)
Here is the current page to download SnowConvert for each source platform:
If you are interested in the full Conversion Mode of SnowConvert, fill out the form on the page below to talk with an engineer about what your needs are and how SnowConvert can accelerate your migration project.
SnowConvert can be installed on either of the following operating systems:
Follow the steps below to install the tool for your OS.
- 1.Click on the downloaded .exe file.
- 3.The installer sets up all the required files in your machine.
- 4.Once the installation finishes, the tool is ready to use.You can click "Finish" to start using SnowConvert.
- 1.Click on the downloaded .dmg file.
- 2.Double click on the Mobilize.Net SnowConvert logo.
Once your installation is complete, you can launch SnowConvert. When you first launch the application, it will prompt you for a license.
When you launch SnowConvert for the first time, it will prompt you for the license key. Before we get too far, if you do not have a license at all, have an issue with an existing license, or wish to renew your license, you can always contact [email protected].
The quickest way to get a license, though, is to download the tool using one of the download pages listed above. This will automatically generate you a license, which will be emailed to you within a few minutes of submitting the download form. This email will come from [email protected] If you already have a license, filling out the form will generate you a new license. So if your license expires, you can simply re-download the tool and a new license will be generated for you.
There are two types of licenses that are currently available:
- Assessment Mode: When running SnowConvert with an Assessment mode license, you will be able to run an unlimited quantity of code through the tool, but you will only be able to view the output reports.
- Full Conversion Mode: If you have a full conversion license, you will be able to run an unlimited quantity of code through the tool, and you will receive the output code (compatible with Snowflake) in addition to the assessment reports.
Regardless of whether you're in assessment or conversion mode, SnowConvert will not run without a license. You're going to have to set it up if you're going to run SnowConvert.
When you first use the tool, it will prompt you for a license. This license should have been emailed to you after you downloaded the tool. (If you did not receive a license, reach out to [email protected] and let us know.)
To activate your license, follow these steps:
- 1.Run the downloaded Mobilize.Net SnowConvert executable program file.
- 2.Check your email for your license key.
- 3.When you launch SnowConvert for the first time, the license key is required and SnowConvert will prompt you for it.
- 4.Enter your License Key, then click on Activate button.
If you're already launched SnowConvert or if you need to change your license, you can input a new license key from the application at any time.
- 1.Open SnowConvert.
- 2.Navigate to the License Information option. If you are using the Windows application, the License Information option can be found under the help menu:If you are using the Mac application, you can find the License Information option under the named application menu as shown here:
- 3.On the License Information screen, you will see some information about your license. Choose "Change License" from the menu:License information screen
- 4.Input a new license key into the box on the following screen.
And that's it. You should be good to go. Let's take a look at everyone's favorite piece of documentation on the next page: the End User License Agreement.